Sunday, May 27, 2007

Naomi Rose's Book


This is the book I made for Naomi Rose who did a great job of editing the book I wrote last winter. She was gracious enough to accept part of her fee in barter. The covers are white oak, and the front is carved with the symbol Naomi Rose has on her web site. While helping my friend Fran clean out her garage I found a box of semi-precious stones which I learned had come from India many years ago. Fran gave them to me to use on my books and here is the first one. Carnelians, some faceted like gem stones, others made into cabuchons, along with carved aventurine stars, have been epoxied to the cover. The book is bound with blank, acid free paper.

2 comments:

Nona said...

Wow. This is truly superb. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

Jan Allsopp said...

Hi Barbara, this is my first visit to your blog. I found you through the Book Arts group. I love our work! I especially love the "Cross Book". Very strong, very appealing.